Biblical Genealogy: From Levi to
Each entry is supposed to be the son or daughter of the previous entries.
Subentries are used for people with multiple wives.
- Levi (b. 2195 after creation = 1565 B.C.E.,
d. 2332 after creation = 1428 B.C.E.) (ancestor of
Levites [Leviim; sing: Levi]). (Genesis 46) Children: Jocheved, Kohath
- Kohath. (Genesis 46)
- Amram married his aunt Jocheved. (Exodus 6:18) Children: Moses, Miriam, Aaron
- High Priest Aaron married Elisheba daughter of Amminadab
from the tribe of Judah. Aaron was the first high priest, and was the ancestor of all
the Hebrew Priests [Kohanim; sing. Kohen]).
(Exodus 6:20). Sons: Nadar, Abihu, Eleazar (below) and Ithamar (ancestor of
7th through 11th high priests: Eli, Ahibut I, Ahijah, Ahimelech, and Abiathar)
- 2nd High Priest Eleazar I. (Exodus 6:23)
- 3rd High Priest Phineas. (Exodus 6:25)
- 4th High Priest Abishua. (I Chronicles 6:4-14)
- 5th High Priest Bukki, (I Chronicles 6:4-14)
- 6th High Priest Uzzi. (I Chronicles 6:4-14)
- Zerahiah (Zaraias). (I Chronicles 6:4-14)
- Meraioth. (I Chronicles 6:4-14)
- Amariah (Arophaeus) (Amarias). (I Chronicles 6:4-14)
- Ahitub. (I Chronicles 6:4-14)
- 12th High Priest Zadok I. (I Chronicles 6:4-14)
- 13th High Priest Ahimaaz (Achmimas). (I Chronicles 6:4-14) Last high
priest to serve in the tabernacle (mishkan)
- 14th High Priest Azariah. (I Chronicles 6:4-14). First high priest to
serve in Solomon's Temple.
His three sons were co-high priests and
were ancestors of the three great branches of the high-priests.
- Joram (below)
- 15th Co-High Priest Johanan I. (I Chronicles 6:4-14). His son was 16th Co-High Priest Azariah II. (I Chronicles 6:4-14).
Sons: 17th co-High Priest Amariah, 18th High Priest Jehoiada I (father of 20th co-High
Priest Zechariah and
daughter of King Jehoram), 19th co-High Priest Ahitub
II (ancestor of high priests Zadok, Shallum, and
wife of King Uzziah).
- 15th co-High Priest Joash father of 16th co-High Priest Jehoiarib (Joarib)
father of 17th co-High Priest Jehoshaphat father of 20th co-High Priest
- 15th co-High Priest Joram.
- 16th co-High Priest Jeshua I (Isus)
- 17th co-High Priest Axiomar (Axioramus)
- 19th co-High Priest Phideas (Pedaiah)
- 20th co-High Priest Sudeaus
- 21st co-High Priest Juelus
- 23rd co-High Priest Jotham
- 26th High Priest Neriah (Nerias)
- 27th High Priest Odeas (Hoshaiah)
- 28th High Priest Shallum II. (I Chronicles 6:4-14)
- 29th High Priest Hilkiah (Helcias) the prophet.
(I Chronicles 6:4-14)
- 30th High Priest Azariah (Azarias) V. (I Chronicles 6:4-14)
- 31st High Priest Seraiah (Sareaus). (I Chronicles 6:4-14).
Last high priest in the
Sons: Josedech (below), Jachin (father of Idaiah ancestor of Maccabeees),
- Jehozadak (Josedech) (Jozadak). (I Chronicles 6:4-14). Did not actually serve as high priest
in either Holy Temple. Priest in the first synagogue.
- 32nd High Priest Jeshua II. (Haggai 1:1) First high priest in the second
- 33rd High Priest Joiakim. (Nehemiah 12:10-11)
- 34th High Priest Eliashib. (Nehemiah 12:10-11)
- 35th High Priest Joiada (Jehoiada) II. (d. around 400 B.C.E.)
(the wife of King Jehoash), Johanan I (below),
Jeshua III (murdered by brother), Menasseh (expelled)
- 36th High Priest Johanan (Jochanan, Jonathan) II. (Nehemiah 12:10-11)
- 37th High Priest Jaddua. (Nehemiah 12:10-11).
Met with Alexander the Great in
Sons: Onias I (below) and 41st High Priest Manasseh.
- 38th High Priest Onias I. (d. around 300 B.C.E.)
(Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews, XI, viii, 7).
Sons: Simon I the Just (below), 40th High Priest Eleazar II (d. 265 B.C.E.)
and Manasseh (d. 240 B.C.E.)
- 39th High Priest Simon The Just.
(Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews, XII, ii, 5)
- 42nd High Priest Onias II.
(Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews, XII, vi, 1).
Children: Simon II (below), Manasseh and Judas)
- 43rd High Priest Simon II (d. 198 B.C.E.).
Sons: 44th High Priest Onais III (deposed 175 B.C.E., murdered 171 B.C.E.)
and Jason (below)
- 45th High Priest Jason.
(Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews, XII, v, 1)
- NEED TO FILL IN GAPS HERE
- Mariamne I Maccabaeus married Herod "The Great"
King Of Judea
a descendant of Esau.
(Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews, XV, ii, 5, and XVII, v). Sons: Alexander and
Aristobulus I, Both of these branches lead to my family tree via Bustanai.
Daniel E. LOEB,